Play.it USA Free Forum

Tampa Bay Rays

« Older   Newer »
joesox
view post Posted on 17/9/2011, 07:50

Rays manager Joe Maddon didn't hold back his criticism of home plate umpire Hunter Wendelstedt and his strike zone on Friday that led to his ejection prior to the bottom of the sixth inning of Boston's 4-3 win over Tampa Bay Friday at Fenway Park. Several Rays were called out on strikes, including John Jaso to end the top of the sixth and B.J. Upton an inning earlier. Both strikeouts came on pitches that appeared well outside.

"Obviously, I went out there to discuss the width of the strike zone, and I never mentioned anything about balls and strikes," Maddon said after Friday's game. "I was trying to have a conversation. He immediately threw me out. I said, 'Listen, I'm not coming out here to argue. I just want to know what's going on because my guys are talking about how wide it is.' He didn't like me asking that question. I wanted to be respectful. I didn't yell. I walked out there and I thought I did it in a fashion where nobody else would know. I had no intention of getting kicked out right there. I just wanted to know what was going on, everybody keeps complaining about the width of the strike zone.

"So, I came back up [into the clubhouse] and watched it after that. And it was pretty egregious. There's no question but let the court of public opinion prevail here. I think anybody who would watch that and would be pretty objective about things, I'll take it. I'll take whatever they have to say. It's tough enough to beat Beckett but when he's getting pitches on the [inside batter's box] chalk lines, that makes it much more difficult."

The game was a match-up of two aces as James Shields took the loss while Josh Beckett struck out seven in six innings to collect his 13th and most-important win of the season.

"Obviously, under these circumstances, and I'm all for the fact that the Red Sox beat us tonight, God bless them, they beat us tonight. But, our hitters were at a great disadvatage today, they really were," Maddon said. "And I definitely saw it as being one-sided.

"Shields, I thought, did a great job. Beckett had good stuff tonight. But he definitely was helped by the width of the plate. There's no question. For me not to admit to that, I'm really taking away from the fight of our players tonight and their tenacity. Our players were very tenacious tonight. It was very difficult trying to protect a 21-to-22-inch plate," Maddon added of Wendelstedt's monitoring of the 17-inch plate.

Maddon said despite losing and falling to four games back of the Red Sox in the wild card race, he still holds out hope, especially if his team can rally for the final two games at Fenway this weekend.

"We're still in good position if we could get [Saturday] and Sunday's game," Maddon said. "That puts us in pretty good shape but it was made much more difficult by the actions of the home plate umpire."

Assassino Reale
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 07:35

Tampa farà partire Matt Moore in gara1.
Maddon mi piace sempre di più.

Sberl
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 08:14

Wow, questa sì che è una mossa a sorpresa! Ieri sera si era tutti convinti che partisse Niemann! Curiosissimo di vedere gara 1 stasera!

blake griffin
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 20:23

ma chi e sto moore,vogliono regalare gara 1

MarcoRVD
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 20:49

CITAZIONE (blake griffin @ 30/9/2011, 21:23) 

No Hitter?

Assassino Reale
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 21:09

Ma basta, bastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sberl
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 21:48

Non conoscere alcuni giocatori ci sta, nessuno lo nega.
Ma sparare cazzate giusto per scrivere un +1 al numero di post no, ergo piantala. Sei ai limiti del fastidioso e se si possono tollerare post di pronostico o simili, post del genere no.
Avvisato.

Gio*
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 00:44

... Io pero intanto vado a scommettere sulla vittoria dei Rays ......:forza:

MarcoRVD
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 00:48

E l'hanno regalata....hanno regalato un grande spettacolo con un Matt Moore fantastico. Di questo passo lo porterai al Cy Young award.

Edited by MarcoRVD - 1/10/2011, 02:17

eckstein
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 01:02

ma no, dai ha ragione blake, chi cazzo è moore? nessuno..lancia anche da schifo, 2bb in 7 innings, ma scherziamo? :D

johnOJ
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 01:16

Così parlò Zarathustra

Alex F.
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 08:33

Per (s)fortuna esiste blake con le sue sparate...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

azazel81
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 09:02

CITAZIONE (Gio* @ 1/10/2011, 01:44) 
... Io pero intanto vado a scommettere sulla vittoria dei Rays ......:forza:

Erano dati a 2.20 (bwin) :forza: io l' ho giocati ancor prima di leggere questo post di griffin :D

blake griffin
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 20:12

ma moore e un lanciatore dle bulpen di seconda fascia non e ne shields ne price ne helickson i migliori 3 lanciatori,nessuno se l'aspetta in gara 1,il mio commento ci sta eccome....signori miei...

pippo1977
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 20:15

ma i Mod vogliono eguagliare il record dei vigili del mio paese?
mai una multa dal '75(anno di nascita del Comune)ad oggi.... :D

33 replies since 7/10/2010, 19:11   687 views