Play.it USA Free Forum

LTIR cap relief debate, post here for any new proposal about IR

« Older   Newer »
superjoe1991
view post Posted on 3/12/2010, 20:40

CITAZIONE (buree @ 18/1/2011, 12:32) 
Everone is welcomed here to submit their ideas and qualms to figure out the best system to implement a rule about LTIR cap relief in the future.

Posts can be in both English or Italian, no one should be discouraged by the language, nor use it as a reason to not contribute.
The CC will eventually make a decision after considering all what emerges in the discussion.

I have just now recently learned that the some people do not apparently think that Mueller will be returning this year. This become obvious when the Avs made the trade for Flieschmann. This is made worse by the fact that I made so many UFA buyouts after Mueller got injured as I attempted to add more depth to my team. I am beyond frustrated at this point. My team gets hit with injured players harder than Mik at a gay bar. I have been thinking long and hard and I think I deserve some compensation for losing Mueller and Harding for the entire year. I believe that anyone who loses a player for a significant amount of time (i.e. 3 months) deserves to at least pick up a UFA for a player of the same position and at the same salary for a temporary period of time until the injured player returns. What do you guys think about this? I want this implemented now. I am having injured goalies. Injured centers. Injured wingers. Injured defensemen. This is just not a level playing ground. Hey, if NHL teams are at least able to make such similar moves, why can't I?

Edited by buree - 3/7/2011, 16:04

ClaudeGiroux
view post Posted on 3/12/2010, 22:55

I think some sort of LTIR should be added to the game, just for players out for the season (something like: player on LTIR, cant recall for the season, some sort of cap relief), but I doubt it will happen this season (if it actually happens, that is).

Just my 2 cents tho.

TheDominator
view post Posted on 4/12/2010, 00:24

i do like the idea of implementing some way of cap relief

buree
view post Posted on 4/12/2010, 15:33

as i already said privately to several GMs in the past, i'm all for implement a system that let teams hit by long term injuries get temporary cap relief.
The reason why it was not done in the past is that it's quite a complicate matter and we didn't have our site help in the past. This Summer there were already too many things to take care of with it, as we were moving away from yahoo, but now i think it's the right time to discuss the matter and find the best possible solution. Hopefully Vic&Kax will now be supportive of the idea of adding some tool to manage long term injuries cap relief. That should be the easier part, the main thing is determining the ruling.

I guess this can stay as the thread used to discuss it from now onward.
We probably will have months of time for it, as i doubt every single GM would be fine with a implementing such a significant rule change during the season, which is the only way to make it possible.
Many GMs decisions could have been different if knowing such rule would have been in place for this season. The GMs who kept more cap room available for themselves would be clearly damaged by this imo, as more teams would get money to compete for in-season free agency.

That's the main problem in making this change before next season.

Everone is welcomed here to submit their ideas and qualms to figure out the best system to implement a rule about this in the future.

Posts can be in both English or Italian, no one should be discouraged by the language, nor use it as a reason to not contribute.
The CC will eventually make a decision after considering all what emerges in the discussion.

Of course, the main reason for concern is determining what exactly would happen when the injured player comes back available (and his related cap relief has been used in the meantime).

ClaudeGiroux
view post Posted on 4/12/2010, 16:25

A fixed number of LTIR slots (probably a couple).

LTIR cannot be recalled during the season no matter what (this should solve the "what happens when the player return" problem, and force managers to seriously ponder decisions).

50% of the player cap hit made available for the team.

I'm not going for the 100% cap or infinite slots because taking decisions/chances about injury prone players (Gaborik anyone?) probably is a part of the game that we shouldnt remove.

buree
view post Posted on 10/12/2010, 00:05

CITAZIONE (ClaudeGiroux @ 4/12/2010, 16:25) 
A fixed number of LTIR slots (probably a couple).

why a fixed number? why preventing the most cursed GM of all (who might get, say, 8 season ending injuries) from fully taking advantage of the rule?
it would only be minimizing the damage anyway.
(edit - see later, didn't read the whole thing before starting replying)

CITAZIONE
LTIR cannot be recalled during the season no matter what (this should solve the "what happens when the player return" problem, and force managers to seriously ponder decisions).

mmmh..
- i think we should make LTIR available for long term injuries (minimum length to be defined) and not only for season ending injuries
- by making LTIR players unavailable for the rest of the season, somehow you make a 4 month injury as bas as a 'out for season' injury (yeah i know, only if the GM decides to use the LTIR, but still, it somehow takes that option away from him if it's a top player); on the other hand, making LTIR players unavailable for the rest of the season even if they wouldn't be done for the season let GMs to get rid of good part of the salary of undesired players who got seriously injured.
It provides an escape against terrible contracts.
So GMs would be cheering for some of their worst players to get seriously injured instead of considering their buyout, cause LTIR would provide much better cap relief.

If instead our cap relief is only temporary, it can not provide a final lucky escape (well, unless it's indeed a season ending injury).

That's why the aim, imo, should be finding the best possible way to implement temporary cap relief, one that lasts only until the player is indeed out injured.

CITAZIONE
50% of the player cap hit made available for the team.

that's the same figure i was thinkin myself when i brought this up.
But maybe should be even more than that if we find a proper solution.

CITAZIONE
I'm not going for the 100% cap or infinite slots because taking decisions/chances about injury prone players (Gaborik anyone?) probably is a part of the game that we shouldnt remove.

and here you answer my first question.. however, are injury prone players really that more likely to get season ending injuries? unless we are talking of a specific pre-exhisting serious problem (like if someone were going to sign Emery today), season ending injuries are usually more of the freak variety, like accidents.. and yes, while i'm writing this, i realize we probably would indeed need a max number of LTIR slots (and obviously a lower than 100 percentage of relief) to not make too convenient signing injured guys like Emery.

Ehh, going through this again, all those old issues that surfaced when i first thought about implementing this rule come back to mind!

another matter of discussion:
what if a 3 weeks injury occurres with 2 weeks left in our season? that would be a season ending injury, but would it still qualify for our LTIR?

TheAnzerKillsEmAll
view post Posted on 3/7/2011, 16:08

I ask to reduce the IR minimum period from 2 to 1 week.
CITAZIONE
il fatto che non mi sia preso la briga di rispiegartelo non vuol dire che non l'avessi gią fatto con altri in passato...

aggiungo che, essendo la regola stata discussa e approvata in LC, poteva anche risponderti un altro, quindi non si capisce x' tu debba sempre rompere i coglioni al sottoscritto sfoggiando questo atteggiamento da vittima costretta a sopportare chissą quali assurditą.

forse fai confusione col beccare legnate in continuazione.

L'anno scorso tu hai fatto come al solito il saccente/superiore con me, non altri. Quindi rompo il cazzo a te. Comunque io non faccio la vittima, e di sicuro non con te. Difficile fare la vittima con uno che ha problemi a relazionarsi con gli altri, al massimo č il contrario.

TheDominator
view post Posted on 3/7/2011, 18:58

QUOTE (TheAnzerKillsEmAll @ 3/7/2011, 17:08) 
I ask to reduce the IR minimum period from 2 to 1 week.

i agree with anzer on this

1 week is sorely needed

2 weeks is a long time.

buree
view post Posted on 3/7/2011, 22:03

Last year prognosis needed to be player out at least 10days to become eligible for IR.
The ensuing minimum period of IR stay was 2 weeks mainly because we wanted to discourage GMs from cheating on that:
we use autocertification and if the player was actually supposed to miss only 1 week, putting him on IR would have a significant drawback even if going unnoticed by the league.

Using 1 week as minimum period of stay on IR (and 1 week of absence as prognosis) would certainly mean many more players going to IR.
I'm sure those here asking for the 1week period are ready to help checking out the status of hundreds of players put on IR during the season, right?

if that's the case, AND if the teams logs page is fixed and finally working on our league site, then i guess we could go that route.

This is aside from what any discussion and new rules about LTIR cap relief could bring.

TheAnzerKillsEmAll
view post Posted on 19/8/2011, 22:09

BUMP

Quindi?

TheAnzerKillsEmAll
view post Posted on 24/8/2011, 15:12

RIBUMP

buree
view post Posted on 24/8/2011, 16:07

those interested in amending our LTIR system should read this thread and bring up their arguments this week.

as for those asking for the 1 week IR period, they should answer this question:
CITAZIONE (buree @ 3/7/2011, 23:03) 
Last year prognosis needed to be player out at least 10days to become eligible for IR.
The ensuing minimum period of IR stay was 2 weeks mainly because we wanted to discourage GMs from cheating on that:
we use autocertification and if the player was actually supposed to miss only 1 week, putting him on IR would have a significant drawback even if going unnoticed by the league.

Using 1 week as minimum period of stay on IR (and 1 week of absence as prognosis) would certainly mean many more players going to IR.
I'm sure those here asking for the 1week period are ready to help checking out the status of hundreds of players put on IR during the season, right?

TheAnzerKillsEmAll
view post Posted on 25/8/2011, 12:55

1 week only IR please

buree
view post Posted on 25/8/2011, 13:05

CITAZIONE (TheAnzerKillsEmAll @ 25/8/2011, 13:55) 
1 week only IR please

"I'm sure those here asking for the 1week period are ready to help checking out the status of hundreds of players put on IR during the season, right?"

TheAnzerKillsEmAll
view post Posted on 25/8/2011, 14:02

Mick, il sarcasmo te lo puoi ficcare dove ti piace tanto.

34 replies since 3/12/2010, 20:40   388 views